Style-eyes your winter with D&A's great range of Sunglasses!
STYLE-EYES YOUR WINTER
With D&A’s range of ski perfect sunglasses
Just because the temperature has dropped don’t let sunglasses drop off your sun safe radar. Whether you’re on the slopes, soaking up the sun on a winter break or taking a brisk walk in the UK, it’s important to protect your eyes across all seasons, not just during the summer months.
The ski slopes are a particular danger zone for eyes as the white surface reflects a high level of UV rays directly back into the eye. These rays are highly dangerous and can cause ‘snow blindness’ – a painful inflammation of the cornea which can lead to short term vision loss, or even more permanent damage in severe cases.
The good news is that your eyes can be easily protected against UV rays simply by choosing the right pair of sunglasses. Follow these steps to choose the perfect sun safe pair:
1. Ensure that the lenses in your sunglasses are UV400 effective and provide 100% UVA and UVB* protection
2. Choose tinted lenses which reduces the brightness of the sun to a comfortable level – level 3 or 4 for ski slopes
3. Select a practical style that protects your eyes from all angles
4. Look out for polarising lenses which further eliminate glare from all surfaces – road, water or snow – and are particularly helpful for drivers
We can’t deny that style is also important on the slopes and this winter it’s all about the ‘wrap-around’ shades with deep lenses and wide arm bands. Keep your look classic with cool black and white winter shades – all available with prescription at D&A The Opticians.
At D&A you will find some great designer brands (including Givenchy, Ray- Ban, Police, Tous,Adiva, Blade) and the latest styles.
All D&A sunglasses provide 100% UVA and UVB protection, and at D&A The Opticians you can even get ski goggles made up to your own prescription.
If you don't need to have a prescription in your sunglasses why not take a look at www.designersunglasses.co.uk with new frames from Oakley, Rayban, Police, Gant, Guess, Miu Miu and Lulu Guinness, now available to buy online. There is even Rayban for kids!
To find your local D&A branch call 0800 052 8000 or visit www.danda.co.uk
* UVA, the major contributor to skin damage and some types of skin cancer, is constant during the day and is absorbed by the crystalline lens of the eye. Any damage to the lens is repaired slowly, if at all. About 1% of UVA light reaches the retina at the back of the eye where any damage cannot be repaired. Accumulated exposure to UVA light is associated with the development of cataracts and Age-Related Macular Degeneration.
UVB is responsible for sunburn and some skin cancers and is most intense between 10.00 a.m. and 3.00 p.m. It is absorbed by the cornea at the front of the eye and any damage to the cornea is usually temporary, but with a risk of permanent damage e.g. snow blindness.
You are currently viewing this page without a stylesheet. The following options to change font-sizes and themes ONLY work when viewing this site with style-sheeting enabled.
Select a stylesheet: